Reusable food storage.
I’m always looking for new ways to cut down, or even eliminate, plastic usage in our kitchen, and when out and about. I’d love to never have a single-use plastic bag in the house again, and even better, so have all our food storage in glass or stainless steel. Here are some of my favourite finds.
- 4MyEarth has just released their new food covers, I’d love to get some soon.
- I love my wraps and pockets from 4MyEarth too. I was given some for Christmas, and have since purcahsed more.
- I just discovered Harvest Haversack through a giveaway at Tooodayi. *Be quick, the giveaway ends on 31st July! * The Bread Bag would answer one of the problems I was contemplating in my last post..
- I keep all my glass bottles to put pantry staples in, but have to say my Nuigini Coconut Oil ones are my favourite.
- I have 3 different sizes of Ecotanka stainless steel drink bottles, and love them both for home and travelling.
- My daughter has a Kiddie Concepts drink bottle, just like Mum’s Ecotanka!
- My little bag of Onya Weigh bags are great for buying fruit and veges without the plastic.
- I found a Foogo on special while shopping one day, and have loved having an insulated container to keep food warm or cold while out.
- I have 3 of these Lunchbots containers, which I love for going out, as well as serving and storing snacks in at home.
- And of course, reusable shopping bags are great. I have a light weight basket which is wonderful for taking to the Farmer’s Market, as well as a variety of lightweight bags that fold up and clip onto a keyring.
What are your favourite reusable food storage items? I’ll be back soon with a post on what’s been happening for the last couple of months, and some goals for blogging in the future.