20 Days To Organise & Clean Your Home Challenge Part 1
I’m beginning the Spring-Cleaning season by joining in the “20 Day Challenge” run by The Organised Housewife. There were a few days of pre-challenge tasks, which included beginning a Folder for tasks, and setting some goals.
One task was to answer the following questions (my answers are in bold).
- I want to feel SERENITY while I’m at home.
- I want to spend more time COOKING REAL FOOD.
- I want an area of the home where I can READ & PRAY.
- I want to organise MY PAPERWORK.
- I always lose TRACK OF APPOINTMENTS & TAX RECEIPTS.
- Something that I don’t need anymore , but am having trouble parting with CLOTHES I DON’T WEAR ANYMORE.
I’ve also begun to think about what my ideal morning and evening routine would be. I prefer the word ‘ritual’ over ‘routine’, as it is not confined to a certain time or order of events, but I’ll use the word ‘routine’ during the challenge.
I’m currently working on Day 1’s challenges. Luckily I don’t have a dishwasher (hmmm.. that’s the first time I’ve been thankful forthat!!) so I was able to skip right over step 1 😉
Today I have:
7. Cleaned the overhead cupboards (this involved more vigorous scrubbing than dusting..)
8. Cleaned the cupboard doors
9. Cleared the kitchen benches and returned only what is necessary and functional.
10. Cleaned the benches and splashbacks.
Wish me luck with the rest! Are you joining in? Share with me if you are 🙂