I’m sitting here sneezing and coughing, and hoping like crazy that this cold builds up my immunity for the rest of winter. I’ve been washing some much appreciated hand-me-down clothes today, thought I may as well sneeze from them at the same time that I’m sneezing from being sick. I used to get hayfever constantly, and never knew whether I had a cold or hayfever. I’m aware of most irritants now, so try to avoid the ones I can, and can at least identify what’s causing the problem when I’m out and can’t control the environment.
- Cats, houses where there’s been a cat.. and people wearing clothes they’ve been near a cat in..
- Dust (outdoor, especially grain/hay dust)
- Dustmites in houses – carpets, blankets, clothes in storage (even washed jumpers in zip-lock bags.. don’t ask me why)
- Papers (newspaper print, tissues..)
- Aerosols (especially deodorants and insect sprays)
- Most cleaning products
- Regular laundry powders
- And at the moment.. even sifting flour..!! Arghhh